McMaster University Libraries Investment in Open Access
McMaster University researchers are entitled to discounts on Article Processing Charges (APCs) in the following journals or journal packages as a result of memberships negotiated and paid for by the Library. Identify yourself as affiliated with McMaster and the CRKN Consortium to receive the discounts.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
Receive an additional 25% discount on ACS Author Choice Open Access services.
- NRC Research Press (Canadian Science Publishing)
Per-article fees are reduced from $3000 to $1500 for CRKN members.
- SAGE Journals
Authors who self-identify as affiliated with a CRKN institution will receive a 40% discount. Some society journals are excluded.
- SynFacts (Thieme)
Claim one of 10 SynOpen vouchers to publish in SynFacts
The Library provides funding to the following organizations to help support the open dissemination of content:
- Bioline International: quality research journals published in developing countries
- Erudit: Canadian social sciences and humanities journals
- Evolutionary Ecology Research: the world's oldest green-path open-access professional journal
- Héritage Project - Canadiana: digitized Canadian archival collections
- Knowledge Unlatched: open academic monographs
- Open Library of the Humanities: journals in a range of humanities disciplines
- PhilPapers: an index and bibliography maintained by the community of philosophers
- The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Our Library memberships support platforms, infrastructure, and open access initiatives more broadly:
- Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR)
- Coalition Publi.ca: supporting Canadian journal publishing
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- ORCID Consortium in Canada (ORCID-CA)
- Public Knowledge Project (PKP): the leading developer of software such as Open Journal Systems and Open Monograph Press
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC) : a global coalition committed to making open the default for research and education
For more information on publishing and library support, contact email@example.com