M.L.S. University of Toronto; B.A. Anthropology, McMaster University
Research and Advanced Studies Librarian
Mills Library, L403
Areas of Interest/Research Interests:
- Scholarly communication i.e. Open Access, Institutional Repositories, etc.
- Journal publishing
- Archives and special collections
- Teaching, learning and research
- Curriculum planning
- Research support for faculty, graduate students and other researchers
- MacSphere (Institutional Repository) https://macsphere.mcmaster.ca/
- Archives and Research Collections (service and reference/research support)
- Library instruction; Teaching and learning
- Research Consultations
Publications & Presentations:
- "Open Access Required: What you need to know when publishing your grant funded research." International Open Access Week 2015. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Oct. 19, 2015. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/18448
- "Weaving the Threads: Technology, Pedagogy and Curriculum in an Online Research Skills Module for History Students." Dalhousie Conference on University Teaching and Learning (DCUTL) 2014, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, April 30, 2014.
- "Digital Commons: An Overview." International Open Access Week 2013. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Oct. 24, 2013. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/14554
- "Rethinking Research Skills: Using Online Modules in Level I History." Learning Technologies Symposium (LTS) 2013, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, May 15, 2013.
- "A New Role in the Archives and Special Collections: The Challenge of Providing Research and Instructional Support to Graduate Students, Faculty and Other Researchers." Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU) 2012, Edmonton, AB, May 2012.
- "Change and Emerging Technologies." Coalition for Networked Information (CNI), Minneapolis, MN, Apr. 2008. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/14537
- "Inquiry into HIV/AIDS." Iroquois Ridge High School Global Conference on AIDS Awareness. Oakville, ON, May 2007.
- "Building a Better Student: Using Inquiry to Improve Learning." Ontario Library Association (OLA) Super Conference, Toronto, ON, Feb. 2007.
Projects & Committees:
- Information Resources Management Committee (IRMC), Member.
- Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), Government Information Community, Member.
- Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), Publishing/Hosting Community, Member.
- American Library Association (ALA), Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) Division, History Section, Instruction and Research Services (IRS) Committee, Member.
- American Library Association (ALA), Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) Division, History Section, Instruction and Research Services (IRS) Committee, Working Group to review and update "Using Primary Sources on the Web" http://www.ala.org/rusa/sections/history/resources/pubs/usingprimarysources, Co-Chair.