M.L.S. University of Toronto; B.A. Anthropology, McMaster University
Research and Advanced Studies Librarian
Mills Library, L305
perkovi ; scom
Areas of Interest/Research Interests:
- Scholarly communication incl. Open Access, Open Educational Resources (OER), repositories
- Journal publishing
- Teaching, learning and research
- Graduate students
- Archives and research collections
- Research and scholarly support for graduate students, faculty and other researchers
- MacSphere (Institutional Repository)
- Faculty and student journal publishing platforms i.e. MULPress, Student Journals @ McMaster
- Open Access, Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Archives and Research Collections (service and reference support)
- Library instruction; Teaching and learning
Publications & Presentations:
- "Open Access Required: What you need to know when publishing your grant funded research." International Open Access Week 2015. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Oct. 19, 2015. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/18448
- "Weaving the Threads: Technology, Pedagogy and Curriculum in an Online Research Skills Module for History Students." Dalhousie Conference on University Teaching and Learning (DCUTL) 2014, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, April 30, 2014.
- "Digital Commons: An Overview." International Open Access Week 2013. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Oct. 24, 2013. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/14554
- "Rethinking Research Skills: Using Online Modules in Level I History." Learning Technologies Symposium (LTS) 2013, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, May 15, 2013.
- "A New Role in the Archives and Special Collections: The Challenge of Providing Research and Instructional Support to Graduate Students, Faculty and Other Researchers." Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU) 2012, Edmonton, AB, May 2012.
- "Change and Emerging Technologies." Coalition for Networked Information (CNI), Minneapolis, MN, Apr. 2008. http://hdl.handle.net/11375/14537
- "Inquiry into HIV/AIDS." Iroquois Ridge High School Global Conference on AIDS Awareness. Oakville, ON, May 2007.
- "Building a Better Student: Using Inquiry to Improve Learning." Ontario Library Association (OLA) Super Conference, Toronto, ON, Feb. 2007.
Projects & Committees:
- Information Resources Management Committee (IRMC), Member.
- McMaster Experts Core Implementation Team, Member.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Working Group, Co-Chair.
- ORCID Implementation Committee, Member.
- Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), Government Information Community, Member.
- Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), Publishing/Hosting Community, Member.