Use the Library Catalogue to find e-books purchased by the McMaster University Libraries.
Additional copies are often available on the Scholars Portal E-book platform.
Information about individual publisher collections and platforms is provided at e-books@Mac, including usage rights and limitations.
Overview document prepared by Wade Wyckoff and Janice Adlington, July 2009
- primarily English
- reference books in other languages, as appropriate (e.g. dictionaries)
Purpose of Collecting eBooks
- respond to evolving user needs
- potentially useful for reserve
- provide current editions
- part of an innovative approach to service
November 2004; updated October 5, 2005
- eBooks readable with a web browser or Adobe reader
eBooks from vendors which:
- supply MARC records
- permit walk-in users, e-reserves, integration with course management software (A2L, Learnlink) [keeping a watch on ILL]
- COUNTER compliant (http://www.projectCounter.org)
- Reference - all areas
- Social Sciences
Arts and Social Sciences