- Click on the round Office button located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Word Options button at the bottom right of the menu.
- Click Display in the Word Options menu.
- Check the box next to Print background colors and images under the Printing options section of the menu.
- Click the OK button in the lower right corner of the menu.
To insert the file name and path into the body of a Word document:
- Click on the Insert tab
- In the Text group, click Quick Parts
- from the drop-down, choose Field
- in the dialog box, under Categories, choose Document Information
- under Field names, select FileName
- on the right of the dialog box, under Field Options, check the box beside Add path to filename
- click OK
You will need to position the border setting (even if you haven't defined a border) relative to the Page Margin and Change the Margin Setting for the Page.
- On the Format menu, click Borders and Shading.
- Click the Page Border tab, and then click Options.
- In the Measure from list, click Text, and then click OK twice.
- in the Page Layout tab, click the Page Borders icon
- click Options button
- in the Measure from list, click Text, and then click OK twice.
Re-open the MS application (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) on the same computer on which you saved your document using the same username and password for authentication as before, and you should be able to find and open the document. Save it from the application to your own CD or USB storage device
Not all CD-rom recording programs let you save a file from an office program directly. A workaround is to save to the harddrive (U:\ drive on Mills, Innis, and Thode public PCs) first and then burn the file to CD/DVD. For more information, see this page.
Microsoft Office Suite is installed on selected computers for creating, editing, or printing files; authorization by MAC ID is required. Note: this software is also installed on computers in the UTS computer labs, see: UTS student technology centre.
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Viewers are installed on most public stations in Mills, Innis, and Thode Libraries for users to view or print MS files.
To view or print your Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file from any public station using the Microsoft Viewers:
- Click Start, then Programs
- Click Microsoft Accessories
- Select the appropriate application (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Viewer)
- In the "Open" dialogue box, change "Look in" to the appropriate drive for your file
- Select your file, then click Open
- Click Print
- Follow the instructions on How to Send a Job to the Networked Public Printer
- Right-click on the attachment and save the file to the RAMDISK (U:). If there is no RAMDISK (U:) listed, save the file to the Desktop.
- Open the appropriate application (Note: if you saved the file to the Desktop and it is an MS Office document, use the appropriate MS application or viewer)
- Click File... Open.
- Locate your file on drive U (or the Desktop), and open it.