- At this time using a proxy configuration with Write-N-Cite on a Mac may cause errors. If this happens, an alternative is to access it via group code.
Method 1: Set Google Scholar Preferences
If you get the error message "Unauthorized, please verify your login information." when you log in to RefMobile, check that:
- you are logging in to http://refworks.scholarsportal.info/mobile/, not refworks.com
- you are using upper and lowercase letters for the McMaster group code; since the code is case sensitive, the capital and small letters must be typed correctly
- you will be able to access your McMaster RefWorks account until your MAC ID expires
- while you still have access to your McMaster RefWorks account, you can export your reference data to another citation manager (e.g. Reference Manager, Endnote, etc.) using one of RefWorks' Export options
Firewalls, pop-up blockers and third-party toolbars may interfere with your ability to use RefWorks and/or Write-N-Cite.
Your browser or personal firewall or security software may be blocking pop-ups. Pop-up blockers can interfere with several areas of RefWorks. You have 3 options. You can:
- disable pop-up blockers
- tell your pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from RefWorks
- save your references as text a text file (.txt) and import into RefWorks