- B.A., History, Indiana University
- M.A., History, Indiana University
- M.L.S., Indiana University
- Archives and special collections
- Digitization and digital libraries
- Cataloguing, metadata, and classification
- Collection development and management
- Sources on U.S. Naval History in the United States. Available online, http://www.history.navy.mil/sources/
- Guide to Unclassified Collections at the Operational Archives. Available online, http://www.history.navy.mil/branches/nhcorg10.htm
- Making Room for Ludlum: Supporting Popular Fiction in the Academic Library. Canadian Library Association Conference, 2008.
- Using TRIM for Records Management. Presentations to U.S. Navy records managers, 2004.
- Managing Electronic Records at the Operational Archives. Paper given at the Naval History Workshop, June 2003.
- Diane Wakoski: "Life is Mostly Poetry", Lilly Library, Spring 1999
- Beginning a New Century: Indiana University 1899-1900, Indiana Archives, Fall 1999
- "Honorable and Friendly Rivals": Moments in IU-Purdue Football, Indiana University Archives, Fall 1999
- American Library Association -- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) -- Continuing Education Committee
- e-book Working Group (Chair)
- Emerging Technologies Group
- Endeca User Interface Group
- Library Liaison Leads
- Mass Digitization (Kirtas) Group (Chair)
- Trainer for Fundamentals of Library of Congress Classification
- University Library IT Committee