Mills Memorial Library
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario Canada L8S 4L6
Include the following information when returning International loans:
- Rate Classification: BOOKS and SHEET MUSIC
- Attention: REVENUE CANADA
- Tariff / Tarif: 9813.00.00 or 9814.00.00
- GST / TSP Code: 66
- Property of McMaster University Library Material returned on Interlibrary Loan.
Codes and Symbols:
- OCLC Symbol: MUX Enter our symbol twice...
- AG TRACEit Code: MAS
- NUC Symbol: CaOHM
ILL Methods Accepted:
- For Aviso or systems that message using generic script please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For operations without an ILL Management System, requests must be submitted using a Web form
NOTE: BEFORE submitting your first request, please fill out the location form.
- Loans: Canadian locations $10.00 (Cdn) per filled request;USA locations $25 (US);International $55 (US)
- Photocopies: Canadian locations $10.00 (Cdn) per filled request; USA/ International locations: $10 (US)
- Fax Charges: $1.00 per page and the cost of the photocopy
- Courier: We will send collect via Purolater, Federal Express, DHL, UPS. The Borrowing Library is responsible for any and all custom duties incurred at their country's border. McMaster will not be responsible for these expenses.
- Relais Xpress: We do not charge a surcharge for sending via Relais.
- RUSH: When RUSH service is requested, there is an additional charge of $30 per item. Please call to make sure that a staff person is available to handle your request in a timely manner.
We prefer IFM billing through OCLC, but also accept Visa and MasterCard. For all other requests, an invoice will be supplied with the material. Cheques or Money Orders are to be payable to: McMaster University. We do not accept third party cheques.
Hours of Service:
September - April
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (EST).
May - August
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (EST)
- Three weeks, with NO renewals.
- Microfilm: Maximum of 6 (six) reels per request
Theses or Dissertations:
- When possible borrowing libraries should check to see whether the required thesis/dissertation is available in a digital format through our Institutional Repository, MacSphere
- For those theses/dissertations not found here, we will first attempt to digitize the thesis On Demand; if this is not possible, we will circulate print or fiche copies of theses or dissertations.
- We are no longer able to provide photocopies of theses or dissertations.
We are unable to lend the following types of materials:
- Sound recordings, including Cd's
- Visual materials, including VHS and DVD's