- McMaster Home
- Using the Libraries
- Faculty Support
Material not held in the collections of McMaster University Libraries that is needed for study or research by faculty, students, and staff may be requested at no charge through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) via the RACER service.
Effective February 1, 2013: all articles will now be delivered electronically via email. Instructions for retrieving the article will be in the email you receive.
Important Information for All Users:
- Articles and books can take from 2-5 days or longer to arrive depending on the availability of the item.
- Rush service is available for an additional $30 per item. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department to request rush service.
- To expedite your request, please include the ISSN/ISBN in the required field.
- Submit your requests to the library serving the discipline related to your needs.
Please note: The Library does not purchase duplicate copies of books on the basis of format. For purposes of determining whether a book is present in the Library’s collection, a print copy and an e-book copy are considered to be equivalent.
The following categories of materials may not be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan
- Sound Recordings (including CD's)
- Visual Materials (including VHS, DVD's) - films must be borrowed through Interfilm
- When searching RACER, do not use the back button on your browser.
- External Borrowers and Alumni do not have access to Interlibrary Loans privileges at McMaster. Please use the services provided at your local public library.