External Borrower cards are issued to individuals with a regular or continuing need for research and scholarly materials. There is an annual fee for the card and borrowing limitations apply.
- Cards are issued to individuals with a regular or continuing need for research and scholarly materials.
- Cards are not issued to primary and secondary school-students.
- Application forms are available at any Library Services Desk, or the Circulation Desk in the Health Sciences Library.
- Identification showing a current address is required.
- You will also be asked to provide a secondary contact address, which will only be used if we are repeatedly unable to reach you at your primary contact address, especially in the case of overdue notifications, etc.
- Cards can only be issued during the following hours (summer and holiday hours vary):
|Monday to Thursday||8:00 am - 9:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||10:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||Noon - 7:30 pm|
NOTE: This service is not available on weekends during Summer hours.
The annual fee for the External Borrower Card is $60.
- Payment may be made by cheque, MasterCard, VISA or debit card. No cash please.
- *Mills: (905) 525-9140 ext. 22077
- *Innis (Business): (905) 525-9140 ext. 22081
- *Thode (Science & Engineering): (905) 525-9140 ext. 22000
- Health Sciences: (905) 525-9140 ext. 22323
*Note: Mills, Thode and Innis, do not provide telephone service after 9 pm or on weekends.
- External Borrower card holders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Library Regulations or the Health Sciences Library Regulations Governing Behaviour.
- Misuse of the library card or failure to respond to notices will result in the withdrawal of borrowing privileges.
- Cards may be used only by the holder and are not transferrable.
Loan Period / Borrowing Limitations
- External Borrowers may check out circulating materials for a two week period.
- Up to 20 books may be on loan at one time.
- Reserve materials may not be borrowed.
- Any book may be renewed unless it has been requested by another user (limit of 2 renewals per book ).
- Limit of 10 recalls can be placed.
Renewal of Card
- All cards expire annually at the end of the month indicated on the expiry sticker. The card should be presented when applying for the renewal.
- Cards can be renewed at the times stated above under Application , provided that no materials are overdue and any outstanding charges are paid.
Change of Address / Lost Card
- It is the responsibility of library patrons to keep the Library informed of their current address.
- The non-receipt of library notices by a borrower does not relieve the borrower from fines, book replacement charges, or suspension of privileges.
- The library must be notified when the card is lost or stolen.
- External Borrower card holders may use all the services provided by the Library, with the exception of Interlibrary Loan Services and off-campus access to our licensed e-resources.
- Access to our library catalogue is free to all users.
- to access e-resources on-campus, as a walk-in user, you will need a Temporary Guest Internet account; please note some e-resources do not permit access by walk-in users
- External borrowers should direct interlibrary loan requests to their public library or any other library with which they are affiliated.